Saturday, December 7, 2013

Corpse Bride (2005)

 
 
 
    This film Corpse Bride is stop-motion feature animation film directed by Tim Burton, and the genre of this is a fantasy. I wanted to another stop-motion film after I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas, so I chose this movie.
 
    To be brief, the story is about marriage between Victor who promised marriage with Victoria and corpse bride Emily. They encountered when Victor put a wedding ring on Emily's finger, which looks like root of tree, by mistake. Emily rose from the grave and said that she was his wife from now on. So, he was taken to the land of the dead by his corpse bride. Actually, she was a bride who was about to be married when she lived, and she was murdered by someone few years ago. After they met with each other, Victor tried to escape from her and reunite Victoria at the land of the living constantly. Emily was hurt by his indifference. And, Victor had inner conflict between Victoria and Emily.
 
    I was really impressed by the background of this movie: Between the land of the dead and the land of the living. In this movie, Tim Burton describes the land of the dead lively and positive, so I never feel bad about it. Rather, the land of the living is described inanimate and mechanical in contrast with the land of the dead. In this regard, this movie is so ironic. Even when living people and dead people reunited, I'm so surprised because I had thought that death is terrible and negative, but this movie shows that life and death are naturally connected. This movie changed my thinking.  

    Also, I felt a particular interest in the fact that this movie consists of stop-motion. Like The Nightmare Before Christmas, the graphic of this movie is  surprisingly natural. Although main materials in this movie are horrifying skeletons and ghosts, I could enjoy watching them and have so much fun!
 
    I think Johnny Depp's voice (Victor) was contributed to the amusement of this movie. His voice matched the character 'Victor' very well. Maybe, Tim Burton loved Johnny Depp so much! If you have watched another movie of Tim Burton, you also should watch this movie, too. Do you want to know about the ending? Then you had better watch it! I would like to give this movie 4 stars out of 5 stars.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment