Wednesday, November 13, 2013

27 Dresses

  









  



In the speaking class of this week, Mr. Cooper ask us what genre our life would be if somebody would do a movie about us. I think that my genre would be comedy-romantic. So, I want to talk about a film of this genre: "27 Dresses". 27 Dresses is a romantic comedy starring Katherine Heigl, James Marsden and Edward Burns. Released on January 18, 2008 in United States.

27 Dresses centers on Jane (Katherine Heigl), an idealistic, romantic and generous. She is completely and secretly in love with her ​​boss. But she has never worried about it and not to have a "happy ending" in your life. But when younger sister Tess captures the heart of Jane's boss, this begins to reexamine her lifestyle "always second".


 Jane's whole life has been about making people happy (she has a closet full of 27 bridesmaid dresses to prove it). One day, Jane manages to get to and from a wedding banquet held in Manhattan to one that takes place in Brooklyn (she had two weddings on the same day at the same time). For this feat, she meets Kevin (James Marsden) a newspaper reporter who realizes that a story about this wedding junkie is perfect for job advancement.
 




Jane realizes that she and Kevin have different thoughts about weddings and love. But despite everything, something begins to emerge between them. But, to further complicate Jane's life, her younger sister, Tess (Malin Akerman) immediately captures the heart of the boss, George (Edward Burns). Tess turns to her sister to plan yet another wedding (Tess and George). But what Jane has for it provokes some differences between the sisters.  Therefore, Jane will have confused feelings between her boss and the new reporter.

This movie is one of my favorites in this genre. In fact, I think I can say this is my favorite movie genre. The reason I think is because I see myself reflected in the protagonist (Jane). Also, I think it's entertaining funny things happen to you in front of the guy you like. I really like the actress who plays Jane. She has done other films of this genre that I also love. For example: New Year's Eve, Killers, The Ugly Truth, ...

I have read many bad reviews about this movie. Reviews as it is a mediocre romantic comedy that the director wanted to insert all the prototypes of this genre. I think, frankly, that this genre is not very "complicated". Always tend to have a pattern to follow: guy know a girl, girl meets boy, to them Funny things happened together and eventually fall in love. That is the basis of this genre. But I hate to say it is the typical movie of love because all are equal. When your you decide to see a movie like this, you already know in advance what you can watch. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment