Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl


 
In the second week of the semester, the class of the movies, we saw the Indiana Jones movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Therefore, we treat the cinematic genre that week was: adventure movies. In this assignment Mr. Cooper asked us to us what was our opinion about the movie. I answer that I liked the adventure movies but I preferred most current movies. So, I want to talk about a movie of adventure, which I love it: "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl".
 
This movie is the first movie of the famous trilogy of adventure: Pirates of the Caribbean. The story follows the adventures living the blacksmith Will Turner (played by Orlando Bloom) and the eccentric and weird pirate captain Jack Sparrow (played by Johnny Depp). Will wants to rescue his beloved Elizabeth Swann (played by Keira Knightley), the daughter of the governor of Port Royal, who has been kidnapped by the cursed crew of the Black Pearl pirate ship, captained by Hector Barbossa (played by Geoffrey Rush). And Jack wants to regain control of the Black Pearl. So Will and Jack will unite to achieve their purposes.
 
I saw this movie in 2003 (only I was 12 years old). I remember being in the movies and be amazed by the movie. I caught my interpretation of Jonny Depp: the peculiar manner of walking, the hand movements, etc.. I also like the romantic factor: the love story between Will and Elizabeth Swan Tarner. The special effects of the movie are very realistic. I have said before, that the crew of the Black Pearl this damn. Every time the moon rises, they all become skeletons. Well, there's a scene where Elizabeth is captured, we can see this effect perfectly. She tries to escape from Captain Barbosa but she goes to the deck of the ship and see that all are skeletons. But I have to say also that the special effects of the last movie is better than the first. The final battle is epic.
 
I would like to say my opinion about the trilogy (although there is a fourth movie). For me, it will always be composed of three movies because in the fourth movie's characters Elizabeth and Will not appear. You could say that it lose a little essence of the story. I saw just by Captain Jack Sparrow and also because it appeared the Spanish actress Penelope Cruz.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment