Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Great Gatsby (2013)

 

The movie I want to review is The Great Gatsby released in 2013. This movie is an adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel, The Great Gatsby and the genre of this is drama and romance. The reason why I chose this movie for review is that impressions from the movie still lingers in my mind.
 
The story of this movie is about the life of Jay Gatsby who is a millionaire and a speaker Nick Carraway who lives next to Gatsby tells Gatsby's story in this movie. Gatsby is a newly rich man and have a big party every Saturday but nobody who comes to the party in his mansion knows about the host, Gastby.
 
In the past, he really loved a woman named Daisy and she is from the established upper class. However, their relationship broke up five years ago and she got married to Tom who is also in the upper class like Daisy. Although they are a couple, Tom has an another woman Myrtle whose husband is Wilson. If you watch this movie, you can see lots of interesting events happen.
 
Actually, I had read the novel before I watched the movie. Although impressions from this movie still lingers in my mind, this movie was a little bit different from what I had expected. I wanted the movie to be almost same as the novel but a part of introduction between the movie and novel was different. In the movie, it starts showing that Nick is writing a book about Gatsby's life. I do not know why the director created some scenes that Nick writes the book.
 
Before the main character Gastby appeared, I was sleepy because of the scenes that people enjoy the party in Gatsby's house. I think the scenes showed Gatsby's richness well but as time went by, it was getting boring. Also, the story of this movie is about 1920s but the music was not appropriate for this movie.
 
However, although I do not know the reason why I became interested in this movie, I want to recommend this movie. The reason may be because of Gatsby's real love toward Daisy. I cannot tell the plot of the movie but people could know what I am saying after they watch this movie. Gatsby's real love has made me think of the title of the movie since I watched this movie. Why is Gatsby great?
 
For these things I said, I want to give 4 stars to this movie, The Great Gatsby.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment