Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Great Gatsby(2013)

                                                                  ( www.imdb.com)

  Two years ago, I read 'The Great Gatsby' as Korean. That time after I had read the book, I couldn't understand the story of this book. I didn't know why this book was popular. But 2 months ago, I started again read this book. After finishing this book, I felt different feeling about Gatsby. Is Gatsby is really Great Gatsby?

 In fact, I like watching movie more than reading books. But after I watched this movie, I thought the book was more better. There are 3 main characters . Gatsby is the man who loved Daisy. Daisy is a girl who loved Gatsby and Tom. Tom is husband of Daisy and a boyfriend of Myrtle. Nick is a writer of this story.

 Gatsby and Daisy fell in love 5 years ago. After 5 years later, finally they met again in Nick's house.
Gatsby's dream is Daisy. He wanted live with her. But she already married. In this movie, Nick said to Gatsby "You can't repeat the past." I agree with his mention. They were happy and loved . They have great memory. But the memory is a just remembrance. It doesn't have any power. But we can not forget about it. On this point of view, this movie represent about a real love. Not a romantic love.

 The other important thing is rich people. The back ground of this movie is 1920's story.  In New York, that time, lots of parties and drinking alcohols. Gatsby was poor person when he was young. But he earned a lot of money and he hosted a lot of party. Daisy and Tom got the money from their parents. In the movie , we can see the gap between the upper class and the under class. Tom and Daisy lived a big great castle but they have to pass the black under class's village to go to New York. It represent  differences and we need to think about the differences.

 I give 4 stars to this movie. This movie is really interesting movie. This movie gives opportunity about thinking real love and relative to the money. I strongly recommend this movie to you.

1 comment:

  1. I watched this movie, too. This movie is so great!

    ReplyDelete