Friday, November 1, 2013

Let me in(2008)


 

This movie is horror movie but it is involved sad love story. So I think this movie is a mixture of horror and romance. At first, when I saw this movie, I though this movie is an only horror movie. But after I watched this movie, my thinking is changed. This film’s background made by white snow. So It is made me a deep impression, because this white color is really pure color. However, this movie story is not pure. In the movie, white snow color is contrast with the red blood. When I watch a movie at first time, I can’t understand that color’s meaning. This movie is more profound than I though.

In the movie poster, I saw “Lonely boy, meet vampire girl” and “ If light disappears, I’ll go to you” phrase is written.
This movie is a love story between a vampire girl and a human boy, so this film is a romance horror genre.  The film was released in 2008, in Sweden. It leave a lot of thinking to people. Oscar was bullied by naughty boys. And Ellee was a vampire girl who has a pale face. They met in a snowy day. They became a good friend to each other. However, Oscar noticed the fact that she is a vampire not a human. This movie is a story about them. In fact, the gender of the vampires in the film is unclear, but I guess.

In fact, it was a very difficult film to me, because I was young when I watched this movie first. I just wanted the dreamlike and beautiful scenes, but my expecting was broken. It has very many brutal scenes, unlike my expecting. In my opinion, this film’s biggest keyword is a “There is an love in the tragedy, and tragedy in the love”.
The another film of this story was released in 2010 again in Hollywood. This is really recent one. Since opening the second remake film, many people watched and compared to first movie. I think, these both of two films were great.
I recommend to read the original book of movie, if you interested this movie. I want to watch this movie again. It was a memorable film. And This film is pretty special to me. I want to give 5 stars out of 5 stars to this movie. This movie is really good. Maybe you can think about this story after watching this movie. If you like horror movie or mysterious story, I recommend this movie to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment