Saturday, November 9, 2013

Les Misérables (2012)

 
(google.com)



      At the first time of this class, we each introduced own favorite movie. I said my favorite movie was Les Misérables because I was so impressed by this movie, especially the music. This movie is adaptation of the novel Les Miserable by Victor Hugo, and I also read the book.  Moreover, we learned the genre of Musical last time, so I would like to introduce this movie to you.

      In this movie, Jean Valjean was released on parole because of stealing a loaf of bread. But he couldn't get a job because of his status. One day, a priest named Bishop provided food and shelter to him. Although Jean Valjean stole his silver, Bishop forgave him. In this respect I could learned important lesson. If someone believes and supports a person all the time, the person will be changed in a positive way. Later, Jean Valjean had become a mayor and started his new life. When another person believed to Jean Valjean was arrested, he revealed his identity to the court, so Javert who was a chief of police chased him. Jean Valjean was pondering, but finally he chose a life of virtue. So this scene was impressive to me.

      The second memorable thing is that Eponine loved Marius who fell in love with Cosette. Even though Eponine grieved because of her unrequited love, she helped him constantly and saved him while the battle. Finally, she professed her love to him and died in his arms. This scene made me so sad and brought back my memories. When I fell in one-side love, I felt a sense of Eponine. Although he loved another woman, I wished him good luck.
(google.com)

       More than all, I really like all of the music in this movie. They were enough to touch my heart. Also, the performance of actors and actreeses was surprisingly excellent. Because of these things, I could shed so many tears while I was watching this movie. I think the most memorable music of this movie is the song 'Do you hear the people sing?' This music is related to the process of the French Revolution, so I could feel their mind and my heart was swelled with their song.
 

      I think most of musical movies,including Les Miserable, is worth watching several times. You will be impressed by these music and watch it again. Also, I will not forget this movie. I want to give this movie 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment