Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Avatar (2009)

 
 
The movie "Avatar" is most memorable and fantastic movie I have ever seen. This movie is a kind of epic science fiction and the main topic is 'Avatar' which attaracted my attention. The overall story line is a confrontation between humans and avatars. Due to exhausion of energy, humans try to find alternative energy sources on the planet 'Pandora'. But they face the serious problem. It is the poisonous atmosphere causing danger to humans. So they make 'Avatar' by using hybrids of Na'vi and human. The main character is Jake Sully who is paralyzed on the lower half of the body. He is ordered to penetrate into the territory of the Na'vi. The story begins from this scene.
 
At first, Jake's avatar is attacked by the Na'vi. They keep their eyes on him, but finally Jake is accepted as a member of the Na'vi. Eventually, Jake falls in love with Naytiri who is a female Na'vi, and he goes through many experiences by living with the Na'vi in the Pandora. Although he is a human, he later become a member of the Na'vi. He is finally transferred permanently into his avatar and ends up living on Pandora.
 
In this movie, Humans try to exploit and destroy nature for only their purpose to conquest the territory of Pandora. So they bulldoze their forest merciless. In contrast, the Na'vi respect and worship nature, especially Eywa, mother goddess. Also, they live well in harmony with nature and commune with their plants. So I think each two tribes are so different in the way how they treat nature. This thing is associated with the movie 'Pokahontas' which is the movie we saw last time. Likewise, in the 'Pokahontas', Native American worship their nature, but to the contrary, Humans pollute natural environment because of a large fortune.
 
Above all, I was impressed by everything shown in this movie because I watched this in 3D! Everything transmitted vividness to me. Especially, I was fascinated with the scenery of Pandora.  I like the night landscape of Pandora the best. Once night falls, the plants emit beautiful light and the rain forest become fantastic. The Na'vi's dance is also still impressive to me; they hold each other's hand and move from side to side in the rainforest.
 
Originally, I didn't like the kind of science fiction movie. But after I saw this movie, I became to like this genre. I really want to recommend this movie to you. You will never regret it and continue to have a vivid imagination about the avatar. I'd like to give this movie two thumbs up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment